21. What you have done is ________ the doctor’s orders.
A) attached to
B) responsible to
C) resistant to
D) contrary to
22. They ________ in spite of the extremely difficult conditions.
A) carried out
B) carried off
C) carried on
D) carried forward
23. My camera can be ________ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
24. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become ________.
25. When Mr. Jones gets old, he will ________ over his business to his son.
26. ________ you poor record in school, we think you should study harder.
A) In view of
B) In charge of
C) In spite of
D) In case of
27. Police have ________ to the public to come forward with any information which might help them in their inquiries.
28. I am sorry I ________ your glasses off the desk when I was wiping it.
29. Why don’t you have a night out? It would take your ________ off your worries.
30. Some hard plastics can be ________ metals in manufacturing machine parts.
A) substituted for
B) taken the place of
C) replaced in
D) given way to